David Mair Awarded Swansea University’s Rising Star PGR 2016

Swansea University’s annual Research and Innovation Awards celebrate the range of excellent research at the University. Almost 90 applications from the University’s seven colleges were received for the ten award categories, and the winner of the Rising Star (Postgraduate Research) was Wales DTC student David Mair.

David R. Mair

David Mair

“I am absolutely thrilled to have been named Swansea University’s Rising Star 2016 (PGR)!” said David. “It is a great feeling to have my research, and the impact which it has generated, recognised in such a way and I am very thankful to the judging panel for selecting my nomination. As pleased as I am to accept this award, however, it is not one that I have earned in isolation. I owe a great debt of thanks to the Economic and Social Research Council for their continued support of my research and for providing me the opportunities which I have enjoyed as part of my research degree, such as the six-month work placement I undertook within the Home Office as part of the ESRC Internship Scheme, and the continued professional development found within [Wales DTC &] ESRC training courses and conferences.”

DTC Director David James said ‘Many congratulations to David Mair on this well-deserved award.  He joins a growing list of Wales DTC students whose research and progress have received external recognition from Universities, professional bodies and other agencies’